Sign Up For Our E-Blast To Receive Information on our Books, Speech Therapy materials and our latest freebies!
Irresistible Speech Therapy in Bergen County
I recently discovered an inspirational presentation by a charismatic speech language pathologist named Gina Davies. In it she implores her audience to ask themselves:
“Is My Therapy Irresistible?”
Here are some takeaways from Gina’s quick but impactful presentation:
- “Therapy should inspire attention.”
- “When there is attention communication can start.”
- “Take a risk with me because I’m going to take a risk with you.”
- “If a child is really focused and engaged in an irresistible activity whatever speech and language goals you infused into that activity will be what that child remembers.”
- “Is my therapy worth communicating about? Interesting things are worth communicating about.”
- “Make therapy worth the effort. “
- “You must be in it with the child – have fun together!”
Like, Gina, I believe speech therapy should be an enjoyable and fun experience. Gina did a fantastic job inspiring thought and reflection from her listeners. Thanks Gina for further reinforcing and validating my beliefs and for further inspiring speech therapists around the world!
Back to blog