Sign Up For Our E-Blast To Receive Information on our Books, Speech Therapy materials and our latest freebies!
Thanksgiving Food Vocabulary Activities – Speech Therapy-Toddler- PreK-Kinders
“The more time allocated to a particular word, the more likely a child is to learn it. The number of exposures to a word is one of the more powerful predictors of whether a word is learned or not.” – Justice, L.M., Meier, J.,& Walpole, S. (2005)
This Thanksgiving Food Vocabulary Packet is LOADED with FUN activities to provide preschoolers and young elementary students multiple exposure to the various foods traditionally consumed on Thanksgiving Day.
So if you’re looking for some fun vocabulary building activities for Thanksgiving, please see what’s included!
The activities are perfect for in-person and online/remote sessions!
Here’s what’s included:
Did You Know
- Research quote supporting why it’s important to expose your child or student to vocabulary words multiple times.
Introducing the Thanksgiving Vocabulary:
- Brainstorm: What’s on my Thanksgiving Day Table – an activity to activate prior knowledge
- Vocabulary Flashcards: colorful flashcards to introduce the food.
Interacting with the Thanksgiving Vocabulary:
- Circle and Say Activity: What’s On Our Thanksgiving Table?
- Color and Say Activity: What’s On Our Thanksgiving Table?
- Like, Do Not Like, or Will Try Cut and Paste Activity
- Puzzle Cards Large puzzle cards that you and your child can put together while saying the words
- Say, Color, and Display Coloring Sheets
- Vocabulary Puzzles
- Draw and Connect Puzzles
- List of Extension Ideas
- Grocery List: What Food are You Buying for Thanksgiving Dinner?
- Favorite Thanksgiving Themed Picture Books List
Enjoy!!Back to blog