Sign Up For Our E-Blast To Receive Information on our Books, Speech Therapy materials and our latest freebies!
Christmas Vocabulary Activities – Speech Therapy – Toddlers-Preschool-Elementary
Looking for the ultimate go-to resource for your speech therapy sessions with toddlers, preschoolers, and school aged children?!
Look no further – this Christmas Vocabulary Building Packet has everything you need for your in-person and remote/distance-learning speech therapy sessions!
Here’s What’s Included:
Did You Know
- Quote from the book, Bringing Words to Life: Robust Vocabulary Instruction by Isabel L. Beck, Margaret G. McKeown, and Linda Kucan
Introducing the Christmas Vocabulary:
- Brainstorm: What Do You Know About Christmas – an activity to activate prior knowledge (page 6).
- Brainstorm: How Do Some People Decorate Their Homes for Christmas (pages 7-8).
Interacting with the Christmas Vocabulary:
- Thematic Vocabulary Cards: colorful flashcards to interact and play with the vocabulary words (pages 9-10).
- Puzzle Cards Large puzzle cards that you and your child can put together while saying the words (pages 11-13).
- Say, Color, and Display Coloring Sheets (pages 14-24)
- These coloring sheets contain pictures of the target words for your child, student, or client to color. They are unique because there is a visual cue for the first sound of the pictured word. For instance, the lips are together for the picture of the bells. This cues children to say the word by putting their lips together. Such visuals can help your toddler see how to make the first sound in the word. Coloring these pictures is a wonderful way to intentionally target this Christmas vocabulary.
- Circle and Say Activity: Help Santa Say the Names of the Objects (pages 25-27) – FYI one worksheet includes the nativity and one does not)
- Color and Say Activity: Help Santa Say the Names of the Objects (pages 28 – 30) – FYI one worksheet includes the nativity scene and one does not)
- Guess What I Am: Cut and Paste Activity (pages 21-32)
- Vocabulary Puzzles (pages 33-35)
- Draw and Connect Puzzles 37 – 38) These are available in color and in black and white
- Letter to Santa (page 49 – 51) This is available in color and in black and white
- Favorite Christmas Themed Picture Books (page 52) Share with parents
- List of Extension Ideas (page 53)
Tele-therapy Suggestions (page 54)
Credits and Thank You (pages 55 -56)Back to blog